Libvirt hit a issue when do VM migration

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 12:21:22 UTC 2021

Firstly please don't CC random people who are subscribed to the list.

Additionally this is a user-question so it's not entirely appropriate
for libvir-list at redhat.com only for libvirt-users at redhat.com.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 16:52:42 +0800, 梁朝军 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Who can give me a help? I hit another issue when do vm migration?  Libvirt throw out the error like below
>
> "libvirt: Domain Config error : unsupported configuration: vcpu enable order of vCPU '0' differs between source and destination definitions”

This error happens when the 'order' attribute ...

> The cup information is defined VM domain on source host is like:
> <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
>   <vcpus>
>     <vcpu id='0' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='1'/>
>     <vcpu id='1' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='2'/>

... such you can see here doesn't match for a vcpu of a particular ID.

>   </vcpus>
>   <cputune>
>     <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='42'/>
>     <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='43'/>
>   </cputune>
>
> The distinction host previews generate xml for VM like:
>
> <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
>   <vcpus>
>     <vcpu id='0' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='1'/>
>     <vcpu id='1' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='2'/>

Yours do match though. Did you post the correct XMLs?

>   </vcpus>
>   <cputune>
>     <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='42'/>
>     <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='43'/>
>   </cputune>
>
> What’t wrong with it? Or I missing some actions in configurations regarding the migration

It's unfortunately impossible to tell, your report doesn't descirbe what
steps you took to do the migration nor does contain debug logs.