virsh snapshot-create-as with quiesce option times out

David Wells dwells at alfavinil.com
Thu Mar 4 21:12:06 UTC 2021

Hi all!

I'm still working on the live backup of a couple vm's and what happens
most of the times es that when I execute virsh with the
snapshot-create-as with the --quiesce option the process finishes with
an error that reads
> error: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock

I tried turning up the debug level but found nothing that appears to be
of interest and I can connect successfully to the qemu guest agent since
the following command returns the correct value
> sudo /usr/sbin/virsh domfsinfo slackware-current
> Mountpoint Name     Type     Target
> /                                    vda1     ext4     vda

I also tried running the qemu-ga agent on the guest with debugging
enabled and when I issue this last command I can see the agent talking
to the host but when I issue the quiesce option the guest agent shows
nothing at all.

Is this by any chance a known bug? Is there something obvious I'm
missing? What else can I provide to help debug this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
David Wells.