virsh capabilities does not include qemu

shafnamol N shafnamol29 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 04:17:10 UTC 2021

Hi,
I am new  to Libvirt and Qemu.I have installed Libvirt 7.1.0 and qemu-kvm
4.2.0.
I configured and built libvirt based on instructions from
https://libvirt.org/compiling.html.
But when i tried to create a VM using virsh it shows the following error:
# virsh create /home/abc.xml
error: Failed to create domain from /home/abc.xml
error: invalid argument: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64
domaintype=kvm

When i check the hypervisor capabilities ,it doest show qemu in guest
domain type.
# virsh capabilities
 </host>

  <guest>
    <os_type>exe</os_type>
    <arch name='x86_64'>
      <wordsize>64</wordsize>
      <emulator>/usr/local/libexec/libvirt_lxc</emulator>
      <domain type='lxc'/>
    </arch>
  </guest>

  <guest>
    <os_type>exe</os_type>
    <arch name='i686'>
      <wordsize>32</wordsize>
      <emulator>/usr/local/libexec/libvirt_lxc</emulator>
      <domain type='lxc'/>
    </arch>
  </guest>

</capabilities>

I have restarted libvirt to get the qemu support,but  it is not shown in
capabilities list.What will be the problem?
Thanks for the help in advance....