infinite lease time

Francesc Guasch frankie at telecos.upc.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:01:45 UTC 2021

Hi. First of all thanks for this great project and specially
for keeping the Perl library.

I need to keep the IP address of the virtual machines the same
as long as possible. dnsmasq provides a setting for lease time.
It can be set to infinite, but not from within libvirt.

I found this patch from 2016.

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-October/msg00561.html

But it looks like it never made to libvirt.

Some time ago I made it work changing dnsmasq/default.conf.
Then we made it immutable with chattr. This no longer works
because libvirt refuses to start dnsmasq unless it can write
to it. Fair enough.

I've seen I can add manual IP addresses as stated here:

   https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking

This is ok, but it would be a considerable amount of work,
requiring lots of manual labour.

Is there a way to set the lease time from libvirt ?

Thank you !