Packets dropped by virtual NICs

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:53:21 UTC 2021

Hi all,
I want to use tc qdisc settings in a network coposed of several qemu VMs,
connected through bridges and tap interfaces.
I generate traffic with a spirent. Everything is fine when the scheduling
discipline is not installed but when I run the command to set taprio queues
traffic on the VM's NIC the traffic is dropped, i can send max 1mbps.
I think that there is something missing in the virtual NIC configuration or
setup. With ethtool i can see that queues are configured. I've also noticed
the BQL equals to 0, that is different than the physical machine
(BQL=18600) where everything works correctly.
I've read that it could be because NIC drivers do not support that setting.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks you all

Silvia