Virtual Network API for QEMU

Laine Stump laine at redhat.com
Sun Mar 28 20:14:48 UTC 2021

On 3/27/21 8:39 AM, Radek Simko wrote:
> Hi,
> According to this support matrix
> https://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html#virNetworkDriver
> <https://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html#virNetworkDriver>
> there is no support for any APIs other than hypervisor ones for qemu.
> For example virConnectNumOfNetworks is not supported.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Which hypervisor are you
using that you think virConnectNumOfNetworks isn't supported. The only
possible meaning I can get from the above sentences is that you think
virConnectNumOfNetworks isn't supported when qemu is the hypervisor,
which is definitely *not* true.

As a matter of fact, essentiall *all* of the functions in the matrix are
supported when qemu is the hypervisor, pretty much every one of them
ever since their original introduction (e.g., the function you reference
has been supported since libvirt 0.2.0, which was released in February
2007).

Are you possibly misinterpreting the contents of the support matrix?