virtiofs mounted filesystems & SELinux

Link Dupont link at sub-pop.net
Fri May 21 16:59:26 UTC 2021

I am mounting a filesystem into a domain using the virtiofs driver.

<filesystem accessmode="passthrough" type="mount">
      <source dir="/home"/>
      <target dir="/home"/>
      <driver type="virtiofs"/>
</filesystem>

Both my host (Fedora 34) and guest (CentOS 8.4) are running with SELinux
enforcing. From my host, I can see that the SELinux context type is set to
user_home_dir_t.

$ ls -ldZ /home/link
drwxr-xr-x. 61 link link system_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 8192 May 21
12:41 /home/link

>From within the guest however, the volume is unlabeled_t

$ ls -lZd /home/link
drwxr-xr-x. 61 link link system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0 8192 May 21 12:53 /
home/link

Is there a way to pass the SELinux context through to the guest? Or mount the
volume with the correct options to map SELinux contexts?