boot arm64 guest stuck

Jiatong Shen yshxxsjt715 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 07:15:57 UTC 2021

hello community,

I am stuck at a problem where a virtual machine stuck at "guest has not
initialized the display" on a arm64 (FT2000+) server and the relevant qemu
process will continue to have a cpu usage of 100%.

I do try with different qemu and qemu-efi combined and found out that if I
use qemu build qemu-system-arm/now 1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.15~cloud1 arm64
with qemu-efi/now 0~20160408.ffea0a2c-2 all and set gic-version to 2, the
vm could boot.

the virtual machine uses a kylink 4.0 image. I am scrubbing my head to
debug the bug and find out the reason...

any idea or advice will be appreciated. thank you very much for the help

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen