Console of P2V?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun May 23 08:28:00 UTC 2021

hi,

long time ago, but I remember you needed to modify something in upstart as
well, grub is just bootrapping the operating system, after that the system
needs to have a serial console running to connect to.

Maybe here you will find the golden tip:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03595461&docLocale=en_US

hth,
regards,
Natxo

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 9:53 AM vrms <vrms at netcologne.de> wrote:

> hi William
>
> On 22.05.21 23:59, William wrote:
> > I generally use
> >
> > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"
> > and redo grub.cfg (i.e. update-grub, grub2-mkconfig)
>
> thanks for the pointer.
>
> I literally ran in the guests commandline
>
>     GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"
>     sudo update-grub
>
> which did change anything to the behavior on the hosts cli
>
>    Connected to domain '[domain]'
>    Escape character is ^] (Ctrl + ])
>
> and then nothing
>
> so ... what is the error I am making?

> >> Yay. :-)

> >> Okay, it *does* say those things -- but that's all it says. <CR> gets
> >> me nowhere, as opposed to the other KVM hosts we have running.

> >> Hmmm... well, if anyone knows, I'm all ears.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the reply!

Groeten,
natxo