how to get enabled features

Han Han hhan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 01:43:36 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Jiatong Shen <yshxxsjt715 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
>   I am trying to learn how to use dtrace and systemtap for libvirt, as the
> documentation says it seems to enable `--with-dtrace` when compiling. I am
> installing libvirt using apt install and is it possible to determine if
> dtrace is built by

If your libvirt is built yourself, you should enable dtrace by
`--with-dtrace`(version<6.7.0) or `-Ddtrace=enabled`(version>=6.7.0). See
https://libvirt.org/kbase/systemtap.html

Since you mentioned your libvirt is installed by apt, the dtrace is enabled
or not depending on whether the package builder enables dtrace or not when
building the libvirt package. For debian, you can check the libvirt build
result of your libvirt version(
https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libvirt). If there is
`--with-dtrace` or `-Ddtrace=enabled` in the build result, it usually means
the libvirt dtrace is enabled.