apt libvirt package

admin at foundryserver.com admin at foundryserver.com
Sat Oct 23 19:54:16 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am new to kvm/qemu/libvirt.  I am loving it.  I am working on setting my
first vm with shared file system with virtio-fs.  I got an error, and google
foo said, my version was too old.  When I checked it said.

libvirt version: 6.0.0, package: 0ubuntu8.14 (Matthew Ruffell
matthew.ruffell at canonical.com <mailto:matthew.ruffell at canonical.com>  Tue,
14 Sep 2021 14:00:49 +1200)

I used apt package manager to install libvirt. I am running on ubuntu 20.04.
I have tried apt update libvirt and I get..no updates available.  What do I
do at this point?  Do I have to build it from source?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad