virsh domifaddr domain does not show static IP

Michal Prívozník mprivozn at redhat.com
Sun Sep 12 07:44:31 UTC 2021

On 9/10/21 4:07 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Is there a way to find out the Static IP address if the KVM Guest VM
> instance is shut off? Thanks in advance.

This strongly depends on where you configure the static IP. If it's a
libvirt managed network then you can just dump the network XML and run
fairly trivial XPATH to learn the IP address. But if you use something
else to assign IP addresses, something that's outside of libvirt's scope
then I guess what Laine wrote in the other reply is your only hope.

Michal