How to move emulated SWTPM data to a new VM

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Sep 24 00:32:46 UTC 2021

I have an existing VM with an emulated TPM module.

I'm trying to create a replacement VM, pointing to the same disk image that
the existing VM uses, and also migrate the existing TPM module to it.

Would just copying everything in /var/lib/libvirt/swtpm/<UUID> work? I did
some practice runs, and it seems that virt-manager immediately starts the
new VM as soon as it creates one, so I need to quickly turn it off, go look
up its new UUID, and copy over the TPM files?