Libvirt Daemon Question

Michael Espinoza mikespinoza at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:56:06 UTC 2022

Hi

I’ve been googling this for a bit with no luck.  Is there a way of
determining what mode an already running libvirt daemon is running
in.(session or system)  From the docs it sounded like it was determined by
what user started the daemon. But in a test node I set up, I have libvirtd
running as root yet I can still connect to both the session and system
qemus with virsh. And if I were to want libvirtd only in session mode, how
would I do that?

Thanks for the help!  This stuff is really awesome and I’m just trying to
get a full understanding of it.

-Mike
--
Michael Espinoza