Failed in using LD_PRELOAD to hook mmap system call in qemu(through libvirt)

Xiong。 sobxiong at qq.com
Thu Jan 6 11:44:25 UTC 2022

Dear sir:
    I want to hook mmap system call in qemu, and I use libvirt to passthrough the environment argument like this:<qemu:commandline>   <qemu:env name='LD_PRELOAD' value='/glibcHookMMAP.so'/> </qemu:commandline>    But it failed. I can hardly find out what is the matter! The log in libvirt like this:ERROR: ld.so: object '/glibcHookMMAP.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.    Firstly, I think it's the problem of authority. But the file glibcHookMMAP.so has been done with command `chmod 777`.    My environment is as follows: Ubuntu 18.04.2 Linux 5.4.0-92 libvirt 4.0.0 qemu 2.11.1
    Look forward to your feedbacks.

    Sincerely yours