Can RHEL7 VM run remote commands to Fedora36 host?

Carol Bouchard cbouchar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 11:49:16 UTC 2022

TY VM!!!
virtproxyd was disabled and I can assure you I didn't disable it.

/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock now exists AND
the remote virsh actions were successful.

Background on my fedora36 install.  I did not do an upgrade. This
was a fresh install on a new laptop.  I could see libvirt was
running so I assumed it was intact.  I had enabled/disabled
libvirtd only because my remote virsh commands were not working.

BTW I can't do the ssh approach as the scripts are used by other teams
and I could break them.  There had to be a better solution and use of
proxy is an good one.

Carol