After restarted libvirtd service, live migration VM hit an issue 'Target CPU check default does not match source none'

Han Han hhan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 02:17:43 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 9:31 PM 梁朝军 <jesonliang040705 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> BTW, don't send the email to any member of the mail list. It is not
someone's duty to answer it.
Just only send it to the mail list.

> After  restarted the libvirtd service on the source host,  we start live
> migration VM to destination host and often hit an issue 'unsupported
> configuration: Target CPU check default does not match source none’
>
> We don’t configure any special setting for CPU model when start VM and I
> think it should be ‘custom’ mode by default . Furthermore , those two hosts
> for doing live migration have almost the same capabilities as below.

Please provides the guest CPU XML, the CPU model of the src and the dst
hosts:
# virsh dumpxml YOUR_VM --inactive|xmllint --xpath //cpu -
(VM is live)
# virsh dumpxml YOUR_VM |xmllint --xpath //cpu -

# virsh capabilities|xmllint --xpath //cpu -