[Question] Which qcow2 options could be inherited to snapshot/blockcopy?

Meina Li meili at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 03:22:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to find out which qcow2 options could be inherited to
snapshot/blockcopy and then test them.

>From https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/qapi/block-core.json#L4720 we
can know all the qcow2 options. As far as I know, size, cluster_size and
extended-l2 have already been implemented. So I'm curious that:
1) What are the current status and future plans of other options? Like
compat option.
2) Also whether the vol-clone can cover all options?

Thank you very much. And please help to correct me if I have something
wrong.

Best Regards,
Meina Li