virt-manager alt-click passthrough?

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:05:04 UTC 2022

Hi, I'm using virt-manager to connect to a Windows 10 virtual machine,
where I'm using photoshop.

I need to send an alt-click key for some functions, but virt-manager is
instead interpreting them. It isn't among the pre-configured options that
can be sent. Is there a way to remap the alt key or alt-click combination
so I can send it through to the virtual machine?

I've also tried the RealVNC client/server trial, and I can't get that to
connect at all. It does appear qemu/realvnc server is listening on 5900:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5900          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
     -

qemu is also configured to listen (-spice port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1). I've
also verified I can connect to port 5900 manually, so a Windows firewall is
not the problem.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.