backup-begin

André Malm admin at sheepa.org
Thu Apr 6 15:51:12 UTC 2023

Den 2023-04-06 kl. 15:50, skrev Peter Krempa:
> Huh, that is weird. Both images seem to be qcow2v3 so it's weird that
> the code reaches the assertion.
>
> I think at this point you should report an issue with qemu:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues

> You'll be asked for what operations lead to the failure so please make
> sure to collect the libvirt debug log as I've requested.
>
> I can help the qemu team to analyze it so make sure to mention me (or my
> gitlab handle 'pipo.sk') on the issue.

Okay, thanks I'll do that!

I'm however afraid it can be difficult to reliably reproduce the bug as
I have over 300 machines running a daily backup job and every morning
1-2 machines crashes like this.
After the crash you can boot it up again and run a backup job without
issues. I have not found any patterns, a machine that have been running
untouched for months can suddenly crash like this.

Nevertheless I'll enable debug logs globally and create a bug report
once I have some data.