best way to audit in vfs

Timothy R. Chavez chavezt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 20:44:28 UTC 2004

Stephen,

Yes I've also been giving that some thought too.  How we split up
responsibility.  If we do as you suggested, we'd simply have to piece
together each log message in userspace with the appropriate timestamp
and serial number to get the full record.  Still there would need to
be a hook there that gave the piece of the record the syscall couldn't
create, that is, the "filename=%s filterkey=%s (which could be used in
userspace to index a table that will return the full path location
that filename completes or whatever)", right?  Plus the hooks to
assign "auditability" to those filenames that appear in our
watchlists.  Anyway, this approach is reasonable.  I'll just figure
out this route and leave it up to userspace to stich the complete
record together.

(send this privately by accident)

--
- Timothy R. Chavez