audit 0.6.10 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 21:05:34 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 16:47, David Woodhouse wrote:
> 0x80000000 is a flag for '64-bit'
> 0x40000000 is a flag for 'little-endian'

How would people want this to work? Like Debbie suggested?

> The lower 16 bits are the ELF machine type.

How do you get the ELF machine type?

> This was discussed on the list between Chris and myself when the patch was
> sent for viewing.

I should have paid more attention. :)

> > I also just noticed that success is now "yes" or "no". It was 0 and 1
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, there was no explicit report of 'success=' before;
> this is new information.

Right. However, the word "success" is already a field that auditctl defines.
We don't want to confuse people.

> Perhaps you're thinking of the AUDIT_SUCCESS filter, which should still work
> as expected?

I suppose it still works as expected, its just that you send a 0 or 1 in and
get a yes or no back now.