[RFC] Testcase Scenarios for Auditfs Code

Timothy R. Chavez tinytim at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 29 17:18:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 13:16 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 April 2005 11:38, Loulwa F Salem wrote:
> > Please give feedback if you can think of any scenarios that I have not
> > considered, or modifications that I need to implement.
>
> It also might be good to try some files who's name is NAME_MAX in length. And
> try to watch some files who's path + name is PATH_MAX in size. This is just
> to make sure we can handle these correctly. You might also try passing
> something bigger than these to make sure error cases are handled.

I think she has plans to do this for functional verification tests.
What she's trying to do with these is demonstrate that the auditfs code
fufills the CAPP requirement (ie: auditability is preserved given the
scenario or not preserved given the scenario).

Stephen does bring up a flaw, I believe, where an incore inode can leave
because of memory stress, and come back via the hard link, causing us to
lose auditability.  So I need to address this.

-tim