auditd netlink headers

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 20:08:39 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 15:58, Chris Wright wrote:
> You mean I'm looking at old code, or old code to handle this was removed?

Old code was removed. I did not want the added complexity if it wasn't a
problem. The basic gist is you cannot use recvfrom to do it. You switch over
to recvmsg to do the job and loop. I think there are some other bits that I
didn't put there yet.

>I just made a kernel module that does it (it requires a patch to kernel
>to export the needed symbols).

It takes an hour to compile a kernel. Its a friday afternoon.