audit 1.0 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 22:33:49 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in rawhide
tomorrow. The Changelog is:

- Update sample CAPP config
- Remove warning for trimming file path in auditctl
- Make auditctl tolerate duplicate rule and watches
- auditd has new option so it doesn't overwrite log files
- Fixed bug in autrace that was reporting bad descriptor

This release marks the end of the current development for a CAPP style
auditing subsystem. This version is now in maintenance mode. All bugs fixed
for this version will continue to have 1.0.x notation. All new features will
be put into a 1.X release (where X >= 1) as we work towards a 2.0 version.

Please let me know of any problems.