Sample Rules

Kris Wilson krisw at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 10 23:58:05 UTC 2005

Steve,

Here are examples of some rules we have been working with:

Adding rules:

  auditctl -a exit,never -S mount
  auditctl -a entry,always -S access -F a1=4
  auditctl -a exit,always -S ipc -F a0=2

Deleting rules:

  auditctl -d exit,never -S mount
  auditctl -d entry,always -S access -F a1=4
  auditctl -d exit,always -S ipc -F a0=2

Examples we would like to have:

  Task rules.
  Examples using more of the -F fields, including mulltiple -F fields in one rule.

Kris Wilson
Linux Security
(512) 838-0126 T/L:678-0126
krisw at us.ibm.com

             Steve Grubb
             <sgrubb at redhat.co
             Sent by:                  Linux Audit Discussion
             linux-audit-bounc         <linux-audit at redhat.com>
             es at redhat.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/10/2005 12:35          Sample Rules
             PM

             Please respond to
                Linux Audit
                Discussion

Hi,

I'm getting closer to releasing the next version of the audit daemon. I'm
wanting to include a file that has sample auditctl rules demonstrating how
do various things. I'm open to ideas. What common tasks should be included?
Note the file will be installed in the docs directory rather than being the

default ruleset.

-Steve Grubb