[Snare-devel] Re: SELinux, LSM, SNARE ...

M. Fecina fecina at psu.edu
Tue Feb 15 02:15:46 UTC 2005

Thanks, Leigh, for shedding some light on the situation.
I knew that 0.9.7 hoped to be the last version of SNARE
with its own kernel hooks, but I just wasn't sure exactly what I can do
with the auditing capability in the 2.6 tree as of now.

BTW, my patch for the 2.6 kernel tree has changed a bit, if you want a
copy, let me know.  One thing I can't seem to get rid of though, is when
the auditd opens /proc/snare, it closes it shortly thereafter with an
illegal seek (errno 29).  Any ideas?  Seems like the kernel isn't
putting in the first header or something for the userspace daemon to
grab ...

Thanks,
Mike