audit 0.9.17 released

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hp.com
Wed Jul 13 21:19:12 UTC 2005

Since that last problem was so easy, I'll mention another that I
have less info on as I've only seen it twice, both times on my ia64
box, and I couldn't capture much data.

The problem I've seen is a panic while shutting down when there's
a heavy audit load.  The message is this:

Jul 11 13:50:11 localhost cups-config-daemon: cups-config-daemon -TERM
succeeded
Jul 11 13:50:15 localhost haldaemon: haldaemon -TERM succeeded
Jul 11 13:50:16 localhost auditd[5199]: Audit daemon rotating log files
Jul 11 13:50:18 localhost kernel: bad: scheduling from the idle thread!
Jul 11 13:50:18 localhost kernel:
Jul 11 13:50:18 localhost kernel: Call Trace:
(system hangs)

There's no stack trace captured in the log but I got a splat of a stack
on my console and I wrote down the funtions:

schedule_timeout()
audit_log_start()
audit_log_exit()
audit_free()