auditing auditctl

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hp.com
Fri Jul 29 20:30:54 UTC 2005

If there's no auditd running, then I don't think the kernel will know
which process/threads to exclude since its using auditd's pid to decide
that.  Even then, wouldn't auditctl's open/close syscalls be audited
with the rules you're using?  What would cause them to be excluded?

What do the audit records look like?

-- ljk