audit.82 kernel

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Jul 31 02:50:40 UTC 2005

On Saturday 30 July 2005 11:07, David Woodhouse wrote:
> That ought to suffice, but I didn't want to make that change in the same
> release as the other changes.

I'm game to do the performance testing. Do you want to make a .83 kernel or
just post a patch? audit_data_get is the only stand-out problem that we have
to address performance-wise regarding all users not loading any rules. .82
made major improvements for the average user that has no rules loaded.

>It'll make zero difference in the profile, AFAICT. Let's not just move stuff
>around for the sake of it.

Well, in this profile - you're right. But regarding nested function calls, it
does save some time. This function is important, audit_syscall_exit.
Everything does it. Lets make it 100% optimal.