deadlock/hang

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 22:14:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am testing the .72 kernel and seem to have run into a new problem. I wrote a
test script that inserted 150 syscall rules & deleted them over & over, ran
another script that listed them over and over, the enabler script, and the
trusty old fs-torture script.

Anything related to netlink hung. Everything else seemed to be fine. I was
able to open new terminals, but su would fail. auditctl -l would hang. There
was no disk activity, so auditd must be hung.

There was no messages in syslog indicating a problem. Eventually everything
stopped responding (including caps lock key) and I had to hit the reset
button.