Audit Filesystem

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Mar 6 14:51:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was trying to create a new kernel with all the latest patches. I ran into
this error:

+ make ARCH=i386 nonint_oldconfig
.config:2128: trying to assign nonexistent symbol USB_PWC
CONFIG_AUDITFILESYSTEM
make[1]: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 1
make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2

Which makes me wonder why the filesystem auditing piece is a separate compile
option? Do we want ala carte or a unified audit system? How does the user
space tools find out what was compiled in?

I would like to suggest we get rid of this config option and make it all run
as the audit system. Is there any reason to make it configurable?

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb