audit-0.6.6 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 21:10:51 UTC 2005

Hello,

The next version of the audit daemon has been released. You can get it from:
http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/  or in rawhide tomorrow morning. This
is continuing to be bug fixes and not much in the way of adding features. The
changelog is:

- Fix audit_set_pid to try to read a reply, but its non-fatal if no reply.
- Remove the read status during init
- Change to using pthreads sync mechanism for stopping system
- Worker thread should ignore all signals
- Change main loop to use select for inbound event handling
- Gave pam_loginuid a "failok" option for testing
- Various code cleanups

I added the personality issue to the TODO list so its not forgotten.

Please let me know if there are problems with this release. I think that with
a new kernel and all these bugs put to bed, we are finally ready to start the
search utility and patching trusted programs.

-Steve Grubb