audit-0.6.7 released

Debora Velarde dvelarde at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 10 23:57:48 UTC 2005

I am using kernel: 2.6.11-1.1176_FC4.

             Steve Grubb
             <sgrubb at redhat.co
             Sent by:                  Linux Audit Discussion
             linux-audit-bounc         <linux-audit at redhat.com>
             es at redhat.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/10/2005 04:02          Re: audit-0.6.7 released
             PM

             Please respond to
                Linux Audit
                Discussion

On Thursday 10 March 2005 15:55, Debora Velarde wrote:
> But I'm not sure that enabled really is 1.  Because if you start adding
> rules and executing syscalls, the audit records go to /var/log/messages
> instead of /var/log/audit.log.

This sounds like the kernel bug that I was chasing over the weekend. What
kernel are you using? I'm using the latest from the yum repo (I think .11)
and don't see this problem.

If enabled is 1 & the pid matches the audit daemon's, the audit daemon had
better get the packets or there's a kernel problem. The kernel decides the
packet disposition between auditd & syslog.