audit 0.6.8 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 22:13:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have just released audit 0.6.8. The main change of this release is that
pam_loginuid has been removed. Since it has applications beyond whether or
not audit is installed on a system, it only makes sense to move it to pam.
This also removes the circular dependency of pam needing audit, audit needs
pam.

The first step is to grep around for pam_loginuid throughout your /etc/pam.d
directory. Either comment out the line with pam_loginuid or change it from
required to optional. If you get locked out of your machine, reboot to single
user mode and fix pam.

Then get the newest pam from rawhide (if you are a rawhide user) or wait until
David's yum repo has a new version of pam with the patch adding
pam_loginuid.so to it.

If you want to roll your own version of pam, I have put the patch on my
website that adds it back to pam. http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/  The
latest version of audit is at the same place.

-Steve Grubb