BOF audit proposal to Linux Symposium is accepted

Mounir Bsaibes bsaibes at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 15 23:26:32 UTC 2005

I have submitted a proposal for a BOF to describe the audit subsystem to
the Linux Symposium in
Ottawa which was accepted and I am about to submit (already late) the
following abstract:

The purpose of this BOF is to discuss the current implementation of the
audit subsystem. Based on the audit infrastructure developed by Rick
Faith,
the current implementation added several functions  to make the audit
compliant with the Common Criteria Controlled Access
Protection Profile (CAPP).  For example, file system auditing
was added, the audit context structure was expanded, id inheritance
was fixed, etc... In addition, user-space programs and libraries have
been re-written completing the CAPP requirements as well as providing
ease of use to the administrator. A general description of the audit
subsystem will start this BOF, followed by how to configure the daemon,
set the filtering rules and use the search utilities. Time permitting,
we'll
share some experience and discuss future development.

If anyone would like to cooperate in conducting this meeting and/or see
changes/additions to this abstract, please let me know as soon as you can.

The abstract was due today.

Mounir Bsaibes
Linux Security
Tel:  (512) 838-1301