[patch] Syscall auditing - move "name=" field to the end

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 17 20:00:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 11:55 -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
> Could use '\0' to terminate loop instead of doing extra strlen()

I wanted the hex dump option to be usable standalone.

> 1) would '*p < 0x20 || *p > 0x7f -> !isprint(*p)' look cleaner?

Yeah, maybe.

> 2) i wonder, do we need dump hex if there's a space since it's wrapped
> in quotes?

I didn't originally. I changed it in response to Valdis' message, just
before I posted it. You're probably right, but...

> 3) if so, what about other space (like tab)?  dunno how the parsers
> are defining whitespace.

... if the log parser is using space as the delimiter between
'tag=value' field, then maybe it's still useful to avoid including them.

--
dwmw2