Audit record emission

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu May 5 19:37:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was looking into a problem from the test team and ran across this comment in
the kernel code:

http://lxr.linux.no/source/kernel/auditsc.c#L652

It basically says that audit records may be emitted as event records are
generated as opposed to syscall exit. The problem shows up during stress
testing. The records that get sent from the kernel are no where close to each
other and are hard to correlate.

The comment says that if the current technique isn't suitable, maybe we can
keep formatted records off of the context and then send them all at syscall
exit.

Can anyone see any problems with changing this?