audit.50 kernel

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 26 15:56:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:50 -0500, Timothy R. Chavez wrote:
> Well... you're building RPMs with the hash table stuff... so did you want to branch?
> Because I need to be able to test and fix bugs so that I can submit to LKML.  Maybe
> I'm not following ya.  You want one implementation (the hash table) for Redhat-only
> kernels and a separate (i_audit) implementation for mainline?

Well the theory was the hash table stuff wouldn't really affect the
testing much. So having it as an addon only in the RPM would be at least
feasible.

In fact I think it might be useful to use the hash table in the mainline
version too, and allocate each inode's audit data only on demand --
we're currently allocating it for _every_ inode at the moment when in
fact it's rarely going to be used. But I was going to make that
suggestion in 'diff -up' form instead of just waffling about it ;)

--
dwmw2