2.6.14-mm1

Jiri Slaby xslaby at fi.muni.cz
Mon Nov 7 12:00:13 UTC 2005

Andrew Morton wrote:
>Changes since 2.6.14-rc5-mm1:

[...]
> git-audit.patch
There are many errors produced by this patch. I don't have any security model
enabled and in audit_ipc_context security_ipc_getsecurity returns -EOPNOTSUPP,
that causes audit_panic("error in audit_ipc_context");

>char *audit_ipc_context(struct kern_ipc_perm *ipcp)
>{
>	struct audit_context *context = current->audit_context;
>	char *ctx = NULL;
>	int len = 0;
>
>	if (likely(!context))
>		return NULL;
>
>	len = security_ipc_getsecurity(ipcp, NULL, 0);
This fails here with -EOPNOTSUPP, and it goes to the error_path label.

>	if (len < 0)
>		goto error_path;
>
>	ctx = kmalloc(len, GFP_ATOMIC);
>	if (!ctx)
>		goto error_path;
>
>	len = security_ipc_getsecurity(ipcp, ctx, len);
>	if (len < 0)
>		goto error_path;
>
>	return ctx;
>
>error_path:
>	if (ctx)
>		kfree(ctx);
>	audit_panic("error in audit_ipc_context");
>	return NULL;
>}
There should be something like if (len == -EOPNOTSUPP) goto ret, where ret
should be right before return NULL. Or am I missing something? David, it's from
your tree, do you have any comments, ideas?

regards,
--
Jiri Slaby         www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby
\_.-^-._   jirislaby at gmail.com   _.-^-._/