API design for library to be used by testcases and ausearch

Debora Velarde dvelarde at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 30 21:16:32 UTC 2005

Some of us at IBM have been discussing the possibility of having an API
which can be used by testcases and tools, such as ausearch, to get
information form the audit subsystem.
I'm attaching our proposal for what the API structures would look like as
well as prototypes for functions that testcases and ausearch would need in
order to get the data they need.

Note the structures are based on the current audit records and will need
to be updated as record types and fields are modified.

Please look them over and send us any feedback.

Thanks,
debbie

The following was designed by Loulwa Salem, Michael Thompson, and myself
with some feedback from Tim Chavez.