audit log rotation.

Mackay, Scott SMackay at progeny.net
Thu Apr 20 19:21:02 UTC 2006

For combining (something I am playing with) I am using this script to generate a working copy of the log where I can play with it:

awk 'BEGIN {lid=""} {if (lid!=$2) { printf "\n"s ",$2;lid=$2} for (i=1;i<NF;i++) if (i!=2) { printf "%s ",$i}' $FILE

Basically it will put the id field first and merge in all the columns to 1 line.  You may need to use a sort on the input, but I think it all is fairly ordered...