Tools for reviewing audit logs ?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 22:29:03 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 17:08, Wieprecht, Karen M. wrote:
> Steve, I'm testing the RHEL4 audit 1.0.14 now with the sample capp.rules
> , and I am generating data.  UGLY data.  I am wondering what
> tools/GUIs/scripts people are using to look at this data.

Some one published a perl based viewer to this mail list earlier this year. I
forget when. The aureport program was supposed to fill the immediate role of
breaking the data down into something a little more useful. My intentions are
to use that as the basis of a GUI based tool. The work is going slow and I'm
at the poiint of writing the parser library.

> but I don't want to reproduce effort if there are nice scripts or  GUIs
> available already.

Aside from that perl based viewer and aureport, nothing I know of. It would be
helpful to me to know what your use cases/requirements are.

Thanks,