audit 1.0.13 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 14:17:59 UTC 2006

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in FC-4 testing
tomorrow. The Changelog is:

- Fix bug in autrace where it didn't run on kernels without file watch support
- Add timestamp to daemon_config messages (#174865)
- Add error checking of year for aureport & ausearch
- Treat af_unix sockets as files for searching and reporting
- Update capp rules to combine syscalls for higher performance
- Apply patch from Ulrich Drepper that optimizes resource utilization
- Change ausearch and aureport to unlocked IO
- Add more message types
- Add support for alpha processors
- Add locale code in ausearch and aureport
- Cleanup make files

This update is aimed at stable distributions using the older pam and trusted
apps patches. This release backports many bugfixes and enhancements from the
current devel branch.

This release also adds a patch to enable AppArmor support. To have the system
recognize AppArmor events, you should add --with-apparmor to the ./configure
command. It is off by default.

Please let me if there are any issues with this.