Updated kernel package available

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jan 14 01:07:44 UTC 2006

I've just placed a new kernel based on the Fedora Core 5 Test 2 release
kernel in the yum repository at http://david.woodhou.se/lspp/kernel/

This is kernel-2.6.15-1.1826.2.10.2.2_FC5.lspp.6

It contains the contents of the audit git tree, Janak's unshare patch
sequence, some patches from Steve and Amy's "string fields interface"
patches.

Note that the system call numbers used for the unshare system call are
going to change -- this is _not_ an official system call allocation.
I've done what Andrew does in the -mm tree and just used the next
available number on each architecture, but I can guarantee that some
other new syscall will actually get merged to Linus before unshare does,
so it will change. Do bear this in mind if you're trying to do anything
with it from userspace.

I'm departing tomorrow for Australia, where I'll spend a few days before
going on to linux.conf.au (which is actually in New Zealand). I'll be
back home on February 3rd, but I'll be reading email in the meantime
anyway -- just not quite as frequently.

--
dwmw2