type=USER_ROLE_CHANGE

Michael C Thompson thompsmc at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 13 21:03:55 UTC 2006

Hey Steve / Amy,

In doing some tests, I've noticed that the USER_ROLE_CHANGE audit record
is associated with both newrole, and semanage user -[ad]. I do not think
that USER_ROLE_CHANGE is a good name to have associated with SELinux
user creation/removal, not to mention that the payload of the record
resulting from newrole looks nothing like the payload from that
generated by semanage user -[ad].

Can we add a USER_ROLE_MODIFY, or some other label, that would indicate
and differentiate SELinux user creation/removal from a simple newrole?

Thanks,
Mike