Audit Parsing Library Requirements

Kevin Carr kcarr at tresys.com
Mon Mar 13 17:34:52 UTC 2006

> I think the answer is Yes. Each state would be a search or iteration
> instance.
> They could be searching different files or have different search
> parameters.
> I think the analogy that was used previously was to think of them as "FILE
> *". Using that analogy, a program can have multiple FILE *, each unique
> since
> they have their own fopen call which initializes the resources and state.
> auparse_init would be equivalent to fopen in this analogy.

It seems that the naming is a bit confusing then.  Should it be
ausearch_state_t instead of auparse_state_t, as it is setting information
related to the search.  It also makes sense because ausearch_set_param()
should be setting information on a ausearch_state_t.  This seems more inline
with the Ground Rules we specified.

Kevin Carr
Tresys Technology
410.290.1411 x137