audit 1.2.2 released

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue May 16 22:31:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 17:49:48 EDT, Steve Grubb said:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 16:38, Michael C Thompson wrote:
> > I just compiled auditctl from scratch, and the newly compiled binary got
> > the "Error sending rule list request" thing
>
> There are many possibilities for errors. Was it the same EPERM? The part that

> in parenthesis is the interpreted errno.
>
> > Does this mean anything to you? or at least help narrow the search?
>
> Don't know what to make of it. Based on the strace you sent to the mail list
> earlier...the problem is in the kernel.

One has to wonder if the audit.h used in userspace corresponds to the kernel's
view of the world.  Is that being picked up from a private .h in the audit RPM,
or is it getting it from the version in glibc-kernheaders RPM?  If the latter,
and there's an API change, we'll be dependent on the version of glibc-kernheaders
present at RPM build/compile time....