[2.6 patch] kernel/audit.c: remove unused exports

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Nov 29 16:53:51 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 02:42, Tony Jones wrote:
> Actually I believe Steve Grubb also said it so the above is factually
> incorrect :)

Yes, I did. I thought this was a dead issue since there was no follow up
discussion when I said it.

> > > third party modules to generate audit messages.  Has anything changed?
> >
> > Why are these third party modules you are talking about not yet merged
> > into the kernel and when will they be submitted for inclusion?

It would appear that a new audit patch to ipsec wants these and a couple more
things. So, at this point we should have something queued in netdev tree that
will use these.

> We're talking about basic logging functionality here.

Exactly. I can see 3rd party security vendors perhaps using this interface as
well. I don't personally know of any that are using it, nor am I in
discussions with any, but I could see them eventually finding this and using
it as they use other basic interfaces like syslog or file access.