audit 1.6 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Aug 27 20:39:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in rawhide
soon. The Changelog is:

- Adding perm field should not set syscall added flag in auditctl
- Fix segfault when aureport -if option is used
- Fix auditctl to better check keys on rule lines
- Add support for audit by TTY and other new event types
- Auditd config option for group permission of audit logs
- Swig messed up a variable in ppc's libaudit python bindings causing crashes.
(#251327)
- New audit event dispatcher
- Update syscall tables for 2.6.23 kernel

This release introduces a new multi-threaded event dispatcher. Its working
according to my testing, but still needs some work to fill out all the
features. Right now, it only runs internal plugins. They are af_unix and
syslog.